Who we are
Parkland Baptist Church has been ministering in Clovis since January 23, 1966.
There have been numerous changes over these years.
Commitment to God's Word and His Saving Grace are stronger than ever.
“Our purpose is to help people improve their relationship with Jesus Christ and with one another!” This statement is founded on the Great Commandment and the Great Commission.
The Great Commandment: “Jesus said, ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart...soul...and mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and Prophets hang on these two commandments.’” Matt. 22:36-40
The Great Commission: “Jesus said, ‘Go and make disciples of all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” Matt. 28:19-20
So we believe that there are three relationships that are absolutely necessary:
- Intimacy with God
- Community with those within the Church
- Influence with those who are outside the Church
Parkland Baptist Exists:
· to “Love God with all your heart” is “WORSHIP”.
· to “Love your neighbor as yourself” is “MINISTRY”.
· to “Go...make disciples” is “EVANGELISM”.
· to “Baptize...” is to “INCORPORATE INTO FELLOWSHIP”.
· to “Teach them...all things” is “DISCIPLESHIP”.